UNITED STATES - ORDERS & SHIPPING
This wetsuit is made to order. It should take 6-8 weeks for your wetsuit to be made by hand and shipped to your doorstep.
UNITED STATES - RETURNS
Because each suit is made to order, all sales are final. If you're unsure on sizing, contact us and we'll be able to help you out.
Florence Marine X wetsuits are made using the best materials available. All wetsuit styles carry a limited lifetime warranty on workmanship and a limited 1 Year warranty from the date of purchase on materials. Under our warranty guidelines Florence Marine X will repair or replace, at Florence Marine X's sole discretion, this wetsuit if found to be defective under normal use and proper care. Should you find any fault in workmanship or material during the warranty period please contact us.
Limited Warranty Policy Limitations
Warranty policy is subject to the following limitations:
- All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original purchase receipt from an authorized dealer.
- All warranty claims returned must have prior return authorization.
- Repaired or replaced products are covered for the remainder of the original warranty.
How to process a warranty claim
E-mail the warranty department to obtain warranty authorization:
- Florence Marine X warranty issues email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include photos of the item, a photo of the proof of purchase, warranty description, customer address and phone number.
After contacting the warranty department:
- Make sure your wetsuit is clean and dry.
- Ship your wetsuit promptly.
- Include a copy of the original receipt.
- Florence Marine X is not liable for any items lost in transit. Customers are responsible for all tracking information on return shipments.
- Ship to:
Florence Marine X
ATTN: Wetsuit Warranty
6100 W Coast Highway
Newport Beach, CA 92663
Customers are responsible for all costs incurred on shipping warranty item(s) to Florence Marine X Newport Beach. Florence Marine X will cover shipping cost on replacement or repaired item(s) shipping back to the customer.
The red burgee flag is much more than a brand emblem – it’s a symbol of the pride we take in the gear we make. We stand behind our equipment, so if you’re not satisfied with your gear after receiving it, or if it’s not performing to your requirements, contact our team here for a potential repair, replacement or refund.
How to Care For Your Wetsuit
We’re fans of taking care of our gear. Our belief is that if we invest in high quality pieces that are crafted well and we take care of them, they’ll last longer and stay out of the landfill.
Below you’ll find some suggestions on how to get the most out of your new premium rubber and to ensure it keeps you warm for multiple winter seasons.
Cleanliness is Key
Get a tub of cool water and add non-toxic wetsuit cleaner or gentle soap. Open all the zippers and turn it inside out, submerging it in the water. Knead the soap or cleaner into the suit and let it sit awhile. Rinse with cool water and hang it to dry out of direct sunlight.
Don’t Rough It
Avoid changing on rough surfaces like asphalt. We suggest standing in a bucket that can double as a wetsuit container once you’re done.
Shade is Your Friend
Avoid hanging your suit in the direct sunlight. UV rays can break down the suppleness and longevity of the neoprene.