GIVE US A BRIEF RUNDOWN OF WHO YOU ARE, WHERE YOU’RE FROM AND WHAT YOU’RE PASSIONATE ABOUT.
Justin Ridgely, I have been bouldering since 2000. I was introduced at university in Chattanooga, TN. I’ve had the opportunity of traveling to climb for the past 16 years. I moved to Hawaii from CA in 2010. Development of the bouldering here started the same year. On Oahu alone we’ve gone from 3 bouldering zones to 102. I’ve been blessed to be a part of it. I love the islands and the community here.
WHERE ARE YOU FROM?
WHAT OUTDOOR ACCOMPLISHMENT ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF?
Helping build the climbing community here in Hawaii.
WHAT’S THE NEXT CHALLENGE FOR YOU?
There’s a couple boulders on my mind these days.
WHAT PIECE OF FLORENCE GEAR HAVE YOU TESTED / USED THE MOST?
F1 Expedition Utility Short. And the Airtex pants. Both are amazing and have held up in the gym and at the blocs
- duende V12, castle rock state park
- XXX arete V/13/13, Big Sur state park
- amma gamma V13, grampians
- arch-frenemy V12/13, kaena point state park
- haroun and sea of stories V11/12, buttermilks
- spectre V13, buttermilks
- Xavier’s roof V11, buttermilks
- goodbye Babylon, the brickyard
- Big Sur marathon 3hr 23min
- development of catoctin state park boulders
- development of pebble beach and Big Sur boulders
- development of psicobloc and boulders throughout the islands